Visa Application Process
Changes to the visa policy and procedures are expected to increase the amount of time it takes to obtain a visa. It is extremely important that you apply for your visa early.
Although information on the changes to the visa application process is outlined here, please refer to the U.S. Department of State's Visa information web page for the most complete, up-to-date information. You can also refer to the U.S. Department of State's Business Visa Center for more information.
Letter Request from NACS for Visa Applications
Request Visa Invitation Letter
- Complete one request for each person requiring a visa.
- Submit each request only once.
- Your e-mail address is REQUIRED.
- Date of birth, passport number and if you have previously attended a NACS Show are not required but may be included in your letter if provided at the time of completing this form.
- If you want your letter mailed to an address other than the one provided on the form, please include that address in the box for ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (the last box on the form).
- We do not send letters by express mail. If you wish to pay for your invitation to be sent via international UPS or FedEx, you must have your own account with either of these couriers. Please provide your account number in the ADDITIONAL INFORMATION box. Absolutely NO exceptions are made to this policy. If no courier information is received, we will send the letter regular mail — please allow 3-4 weeks to arrive.
- A copy of the letter will be faxed if you provide a fax number on the form. Please include your city code and country code. Remember to allow 3 to 4 months to obtain your visa. It is important to obtain your visa before registering for NACS Show 2016, because the registration cancellation policy will apply. Cancellation requests must be received in writing by September 16, 2016, in order to receive a full refund of your registration fee.
- Complete the Request Form Online
A personal appearance interview is required as a standard part of this process. This can increase the processing time. It is expected fewer waivers will be granted for the interview portion of the process.
NACS cannot assist you with the interview process, nor can anyone representing NACS call the embassy or consulate on your behalf to provide support for granting a visa. If you are denied a visitor visa, you may re-apply if there is new evidence to overcome the basis for the refusal. In the absence of new evidence, consular officers are not required to re-examine such cases.
Finding the US Embassy or Consulate
Please visit usembassy.state.gov to find the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country.
Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables citizens of certain countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business for 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. Not all countries participate in the VWP. Visit the U.S. Department of State's web page on the VWP to find the complete list of participating countries.
A machine-readable passport has biographical data entered on the data page according to international specifications. The size of the passport and photograph, and arrangement of data fields, especially the two lines of printed OCR-B machine readable data, meet the standards of the International Civil Aviation Organization, Doc 9303, Part 1 Machine Readable Passports. OCR-B means the type is Optical Character Reader size B. If there are questions about your passport, after carefully reviewing this information, and any information that may be available to you from your country, you may want to contact the passport issuing agency or authority in your country of citizenship at the U.S. Department of State's Visa information web page.
Visa Waiver Program Requirements
- You must be a citizen of a Visa Waiver Program country.
- You must have a valid passport issued by the participating country.
- Your passport must be a machine-readable passport.
- You must be seeking entry for 90 days or less, as a temporary visitor for business (participating in scientific, educational, professional or business conventions, conferences or seminars is permitted as a business visitor) or pleasure. You will not be permitted to extend your visit or change to another visa category under the VWP.